Me in October
October was a STRESSFUL month for me in regards to my job and life stuff in general. Work wasn’t overly busy, but I spent a lot of time covering for someone, which meant that my schedule shifted around constantly. Luckily I enjoy my job! I didn’t complete the Blogilates calendar because I suck at exercise when it’s cold outside. I got an awesome mug and pillow from Gillian‘s Society6 store, which made everything better.
— Amber (@BooksofAmber) October 4, 2014
Also in October, a bloody mouse took residence in my room, which resulted in very little sleep and a lot of liveblogging. I didn’t manage to catch her, even the next morning when I moved all of my furniture. It’s been a month since I last saw her. I even set up a humane trap and everything! I’ve decided to call her Mona, because she’ll be sharing my bedroom for a while and she obviously deserves a name.
Most importantly, I booked tickets to Amsterdam! I’m going on Saturday. Yes, this Saturday. DO YOU KNOW HOW EXCITED I AM BECAUSE I DON’T THINK YOU QUITE UNDERSTAND. I had a bit of trouble actually buying the tickets because my bank decided that I’m a fraud and didn’t let the payment go through, but they didn’t bloody notify me so I thought I had paid and was good to go. It wasn’t until I called the airline for something unrelated that I found out that the bank had blocked my payment! I could have turned up at the airport and not been allowed on the plane! Unbelievable. But it’s all sorted and I’M GOING TO SEE JUDITH!
1. The Way of Kings, Part 2 by Brandon Sanderson ★★★★
2. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn ★★★★
3. The Vampire’s Assistant by Darren Shan (reread) ★★★★
4. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord ★★★★
5. Haunted by Kelley Armstrong ★★★
6. Tunnels of Blood by Darren Shan (reread) ★★★★
7. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller ★★★
8. Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult ★★★
9. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater ★★★
10. The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson ★★★★★
Book of the Month
I’m getting better at picking out books to read because all of the ones I read in October were at least enjoyable. But, my obvious favourite was:
To the surprise of no one.
TV & Movies
I used to watch a lot of television shows, and just recently I’ve been getting back into a couple of them – namely The Walking Dead. So I thought I would share my TV and movie situation with you all, since it’s something that I like to talk about.
- The Maze Runner – GUYS. GUYYYYS. It was so good! Dylan O’Brien is awesome! Always and forever.
- Gone Girl – I finished reading the book just before I went to see the movie and WOW. The accuracy. Still not a giant fan of either of the characters, but the story is pretty great.
- Once Upon a Time – I’ve not fallen behind on this one yet and so I was dying for the new season come September. I’m loving Season 4 so far, especially with the sheer amount of Captain Swan! I’m not loving Regina and Rumple though. Their characters have become too stagnant for me since they keep reverting back to their old ways in an attempt to create ~angst~. It’s not interesting if it’s something that happens every season, OUAT writers.
- The Walking Dead – THIS STARTED BACK UP AND I’M LOVING IT! I caught up when I was at Dee’s house in March and that was the best decision ever because it’s SO. GOOD. I’m really enjoying all the Rick stuff. There are still times when I want to smack the characters in the face and tell them to get a grip because YOU ARE IN A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, but I can deal with those since the majority of the show is fantastic.
- Pretty Little Liars – I know, I have lost mind. I started watching this show when it first aired but I gave up halfway through the first season, after Hanna was injured in the carpark. I randomly decided to watch it again, so I will see how far this journey takes me.
- Penny Dreadful – Tatum and I are watching this together now that she has caught up with me!
- Black Hawk Down – I watched this with Tatum because I thought HEY, JOSH HARTNETT. Unfortunately, it was one of the most boring movies ever and we decided to skip to the end.
- Cruel Intentions – This was a rewatch for both me and Tatum, but we love this movie so much. I cry over the fight scene every time, and I normally cry over the ending but this time I didn’t!
- Scream 1 & 2 – Because this is one of my favourite franchises ever.
- How to Get Away With Murder – This show has sucked me in, along with millions of other people. There are things about it that I don’t like, such as the way Connor is treated as this sort of sex fiend who uses sex to get what he wants. I would normally be okay with that, because you go, guy, but he literally has nothing else going on and I don’t like it when characters are so one dimensional. I also had some issues with the fact that apparently bisexuality isn’t a thing in this universe. Other than that, it’s a fantastic show, and Wes and Laurel and Viola (who knows what her name is in the show?) are AWESOME.
- The Aristocats – Mel, Judith, Dee and I watched this one for our #DisneyJourney. It’s not one of my favourite Disney movies, but it’s entertaining.
Looking Forward To
1. My birthday! I’ll be twenty two years old next Friday and I’m not ready/also very excited because I will be buying so many books!
2. AMBERIOT! I’m finally meeting Judith in real life.
3. Mockingjay Part 1! BECAUSE IF WE BURN YOU BURN WITH US
4. Exercise? I will try.
5. Hopefully announcing something awesome, if I have enough time to plan it.