me in august
August was the most stressful month I have ever had, hence why the blog has been quiet for a couple of weeks. I just had so much to do at work, and I rocked up a massive 21 hours of overtime (and still counting). I spent my free time marathoning TV shows and reading, because what else is there to do? Plus, the weather has been shitty soooo… BUT, it’s not all bad. I read loads of books, some of them were good, some were ALL SORTS OF EPIC, and I now have three days off work.
1. Sister by Rosamund Lupton ★
2. A-Force #1 by G. Willow Wilson ★★★
3. Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas ★★★
4. Rampant by Diana Peterfreund ★★
5. The Long and Faraway Gone by Lou Berney ★★★
6. The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas ★★★
7. Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld ★★★
8. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner ★
9. What We Left Behind by Robin Talley ★★★
10. The Lifeboat Clique by Kathy Parks ★★★
11. The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson ★★★★★
12. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas ★★★★★
book of the month
TV & movies
- Scream – I’m still watching Scream, and in fact I will have watched the season finale by the time this post goes up! Right now I am full of theories as to who is killing all of these people, but I’m really hoping I’ll be surprised. It’s hard to be surprised when you suspect absolutely everyone! Depending on how this season ends, I’ll be continuing watching when season two airs. I just hope it doesn’t turn into a Pretty Little Liars type show, where there are a billion red herrings and nothing makes sense.
- Hawaii Five 0 – I have very nearly caught up with the show, and I’m still loving it. I have three episodes of season five to watch, but I’m waiting for my DVD to arrive (which I have, of course, pre-ordered) to watch them. Then season six starts airing at the end of the month so YAAAAASSSSSS. I’m loving Steve and Danno and their little family. They’re wonderful.
- Secrets and Lies – This is a TV show that Dee and I started watching because of Ryan Phillipe. It’s a thriller about a jogger who finds a boy’s body in the woods, and it causes uproar in the little suburban neighbourhood that they live(d) in. I really loved the mystery (I had a couple of theories that I was dead set on) and the twist at the end was just !!!!!! I didn’t think they were going to go there but they DID. I’m very much looking forward to season two.
I don’t have too much coming up this month, which I’m going to treasure. If the weather improves then I might go to a couple of open farms, but mostly I imagine my month will be spent indoors, reading and watching TV shows. Which is what I love! I need to catch up with The Walking Dead and Once Upon a Time before they start again, as well as Hawaii Five-0. I also want to continue with Black Sails (I started when it first aired but didn’t finish the first season), give Vikings another go, and start Fear the Walking Dead. I also want to try to get posts and videos scheduled for the blog and Booktube. So, wish me luck!