Reader Interactions

Comments

1. Kristen Williams says

Yay! I love these books so much 🙂 The cover for Mortal Heart is so incredibly perfect. I really need to reread these before that last one comes out. So happy you loved this one.

2. Mel@Thedailyprophecy says

DUVAL! 😀 That’s his name and I like him. I like him a lot. I shipped him and Ismae like crazy 😀 The whole promise of Nuns, assassins, the including of Death as a ‘person’, everything was fantastic. The next one is also very good!

• Tatum Turtle says

is the next one a romance too? i’m kind of curious but the initial blurb put me off b/c it sounded so similar to this story. and yesss Death, assassins and nuns make for a very entertaining novel!

3. Sam (Realm of Fiction) says

I liked this one overall, but probably not as much as most. I’m glad you enjoyed it though! Haha, I was about to say I didn’t remember the love interest’s name either, but Mel reminded me. I liked the romance overall, even if I didn’t find it particularly memorable.

• Tatum Turtle says

that about sums up how i felt about the romance tbh. i didn’t mind it but it wasn’t memorable for me. it took me a really long time to remember to care about duval too *high fives*

• Tatum Turtle says

ASOIAF refers to George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series (the books Game of Thrones are based upon). they’re super fantastic, everyone should give them a go imo 😀

4. Natalie Natflixandbooks says

I’ve heard so many good things about this book–assassin nuns!–but have never got to it. I’m glad that you enjoyed it, but it’s a bummer the love interest is so typical. I’ll definitely try to make time for this…sometime. Great review!

• Tatum Turtle says

in all fairness i do tend to not care about romantic subplots so it might be a ‘me’ thing. alternatively you could just ignore him b/c there’s a lot more going on in this book than just the romance *wipes tears of joy that i didn’t have to sit through pages of romance*

5. Danielle Cox says

I love this series! Glad you enjoyed the first book. I think what sets it a part is how well it blends genres together – historical, fantasy, romance, etc. Dark Triumph is even better!

6. Johannah says

This is one of my favorite books I read! I have the second one and I NEED to read it! Ugh, maybe I’ll do it soon. soon. 🙂

7. Renu says

A historical fantasy about assassin nuns?? SIGN ME UP.
    ^ Haha, that’s pretty much what had me sold. I really enjoyed it, and to me the romance was great. I wasn’t too sure about the companion book, but I ended up loving that even more than this book. 😀