Top Ten 2017 Releases I Want to Read Part 1

top ten tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This topic is actually from a couple of weeks ago but I’ve got a lot to catch up on, and I would rather do this one than this week’s actual topic so here we are. Here are my ten most anticipated releases for 2017.

2017 releases 1

1. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

This YA book was inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement. The main character sees her best friend get shot by a policeman. It’s going to be heart wrenching, I’m sure.

2. American War by Omar El Akkad

A second civil war breaks out in America. I feel like this is topical.

3. Lucky in Love by Kasie West

Because Kasie West is one of my auto-buy authors.

2017 releases 2

4. The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig

The Girl From Everywhere was one of my favourite books that I read in 2016, and I’ve been DYING to read the sequel. I do have a review copy of it that I’m hoping to devour some time soon.

5. The Thorn of Emberlain by Scott Lynch

This year will be the year! Hopefully!

2017 releases 3

6. King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard

If I were one to use the term “guilty pleasure”, I would use it to describe this series. But I’m not. This isn’t the best series out there, but it’s certainly addictive and I love anything to do with superpowers, so it’s on the list.

7. Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton

Because Rebel of the Sands was so, so good!

8. A Conjuring of Light by V. E. Schwab

I’m really excited to see how this series ends, especially since the last book ended so well.

2017 releases 4

9. The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth Wein

“Before Verity… There was Julie.” HAAAAAAAAAAA.

10. One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus

I’m always up for a good mystery, and this is one of the few out this year that I’m dying to get my hands on.

17 comments on “Top Ten 2017 Releases I Want to Read Part 1

1. Eve January 31, 2017 9:04 am

I need to catch up on Red Queen so bad! Also I have a ton of Kasie West books on my wish list/TBR but have not yet read one and they all look so dang awesome! Great list! Good luck catching up. My Top Ten

• Amber February 1, 2017 8:25 pm

I’m a tad behind on Kasie West’s books, but I’m planning on catching up ASAP. I adore her contemporaries, and her Pivot Point series is also brilliant!
      Amber recently posted…Monthly Wrap Up: January 2017My Profile

2. Sebastian January 31, 2017 9:55 am

I won’t believe the release date of “The Thorn of Emberlain” until I see someone with the actual book in their hands XD

I still need to read book 3 of the Gentleman Bastard series because a) I didn’t like the second one as much as the first one and b) because I wanted to save it for binge-reading books 3 & 4 but it’s definitely a release I’m looking forward to! :)
    Sebastian recently posted…[Discussion] Was 2016 a disappointing bookish year?My Profile

• Amber February 1, 2017 8:29 pm

I still have hope! Hahaha.

The second one is definitely not as good as the first, and the third isn’t as good as the other two (mostly because of Sabetha…) but I think #4 is going to be epic. I might be slightly delusional. Whatever. Haha.
      Amber recently posted…Monthly Wrap Up: January 2017My Profile

3. Sana January 31, 2017 3:51 pm

Aaah, The Hate U Give is definitely one of my favorite books and I’m glad to see it on your list!

I’m hoping Lucky in Love would be awesome since By Your Side has been getting such average reviews.

YES, SAME about The Ship Beyond Time! Most of the people I know just complain about there being no plot in The Girl from Everywhere and I’m still like ??? haha.

I was supposed to start Gentleman Bastard series last year but didn’t because for some reason the release of book 4 keeps getting pushed back? Why?!

A Conjuring of Light is releasing so soon! CANNOT WAIT.

My main reason for being excited about One of Us Is Lying is that it got compared to The Breakfast Club but with mystery so hell yes to this !

• Amber February 1, 2017 8:30 pm

It’s your favourite? WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME SOONER. Now I’m even more excited 😀

I’ve got By Your Side on my Kindle and I should probably get a move on and read it.

No plot in TGFE? Right. Riiiiiiiiiight.
      Amber recently posted…Monthly Wrap Up: January 2017My Profile

• Sana February 2, 2017 4:35 pm

Haha I think you weren’t back yet when I finished THUG. Starr is amazing and her family is just super great.

LOL meanwhile, I’m super excited to reread TGfE and get to TSBT!

4. czai January 31, 2017 4:07 pm

I’m also looking forward to reading King’s Cage although it isn’t really a very good series. I’m mostly for the world and the powers and Maven. Also, I need to start reading the Gentleman Bastard series. The Lies of Locke Lamora has been sitting in my shelf for a month now…
    czai recently posted…[TOP TEN TUESDAY] where I tell you my Manga WishlistMy Profile

• Amber February 1, 2017 8:31 pm

It’s really not, but it’s still really entertaining haha. Oh no, I can’t stand Maven! I’m waiting for him to die 😀 Hurry up and read Locke Lamora! It’s brilliant.
      Amber recently posted…Monthly Wrap Up: January 2017My Profile

5. Kimberly @ Turning the Pages January 31, 2017 7:37 pm

Can’t wait to read The Thorn of Emberlain and The Hate U Give! Also need to get to A Gathering of Shadows.

6. Jo February 2, 2017 6:30 pm

The entirety of your list from 7-10 are all books I’m dying to read (well I’m actually reading Traitor To The Throne currently, so I guess 8-10 really!).
    Jo recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday #94My Profile