Which Raven Cycle Character Are You?

raven cycle readalong

Don’t you love old school quizzes? I used to have so much fun back in the day when I used to collect magazines that came with quizzes such as “Who is your soulmate?” and “What personality type are you?” and 19 other questions. So much fun, in fact, that we’ve decided to challenge you to see which Raven Cycle character you are. Answer honestly, or pick the craziest answer, it’s up to you. Also, I should probably mention that the answers will spoil The Raven Boys for you, so you might want to read the book before taking part!

Questions

•  What’s your favourite past-time?

(A) Hanging out with your family
(B) Plotting a Raven Boys quiz
(C) Daydreaming
(D) Studying
(E) Sleeping
(F) Exploring the great outdoors

• What’s your favourite song?

(A) Two Worlds by Phil Collins
(B) It Ain’t About the Money by Jessie J
(C) Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
(D) White Blank Page by Mumford & Sons
(E) Supernatural by Daughtry
(F) I’m Like a Bird by Nelly Furtado

• What’s your favourite movie?

(A) Pretty Woman
(B) Stand By Me
(C) The Fast and the Furious
(D) The Lord of the Rings
(E) Ghost
(F) Fly Away Home

• What would be your weapon of choice in the zombie apocalypse?

(A) A crossbow, the smartest choice
(B) A sword, with knights at my side
(C) A chainsaw, who cares if they make noise?
(D) An old, mystical power that I don’t fully understand
(E) I’d be one of the first to die, let’s be honest
(F) Artificial claws

•  Pick a colour

(A) Violet
(B) Blue
(C) Yellow
(D) Red
(E) Green
(F) Grey

• What’s your OTP?

(A) Ten and Rose (Doctor Who)
(B) Elizabeth and Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
(C) Sherlock and Watson (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)
(D) Mia and Michael (The Princess Diaries)
(E) Mitchell and Annie (Being Human)
(F) Blu and Jewel (Rio)

• What’s Your Favourite Classic?

(A) My Fair Lady
(B) Pride and Prejudice
(C) The Picture of Dorian Grey
(D) Oliver Twist
(E) A Christmas Carol
(F) To Kill a Mockingbird

————————————————–

Answers

Hopefully this spoiler tag works, but if not you’ll have to tweet me so I can fix it during my lunch hour!

View Spoiler »

————————————————–

How did you do? I answered with mostly (A) when I was being honest, but I was pretty much all over the shop. Let me know which Raven Cycle character you are in the comments below! And don’t forget to look out for this week’s Scavenger Hunt clue. Your hint for this week is that the code is not in words.

ravagramThis week you’re going to be emulating Ronan! *happy dance* I’m sure some of you will LOVE this one. Post your photos on social media or on your blogs using the hashtag #trcreadathon, and we’ll come and check them out!

Twitter Chat

Don’t forget that the first Twitter chat of the readathon is this Saturday! TWO DAYS AWAY! Make sure you’re available at 7PM AEST/10AM GMT/5AM EST (Apologies to our American buddies but we had to do it this way for the Aussies. The Dream Thieves chat will be at a nicer time for you!) and will obviously take place on Twitter, using the hashtag #trcreadathon. Bec will be hosting the first chat, and might be giving stuff away. Who knows? So join us on Saturday and discuss the awesomeness that is this book series!

25 comments on “Which Raven Cycle Character Are You?

1. Meg September 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Interesting. I am evenly divided between Gansey, Adam and Chainsaw with a touch of Ronan thrown in. I am okay with this and also feel like it says a lot about my mental state (i.e. a senseless and confusing mashup of lots of things)

• Amber September 26, 2014 8:45 am

What a perfect description of you XD

2. Mel@thedailyprophecy September 25, 2014 3:20 pm

So my first answers were: c d d b b c and I wanted to answer E on the last one, because that’s the only one I’ve read :’) but that would make too much problems, I went with b, because I’m familiar with that one, so that makes me Gansey.

• Amber September 26, 2014 8:46 am

I think I’m more of a Gansey, although my own quiz tells me I’m Blue. I’m having an internal crisis, apparently!

3. Lauren September 25, 2014 4:24 pm

My answers were c d d e e c c, which would mean that I’m divided between Noah, Adam and just a touch more of Ronan. I find I am completely unsurprised by this development tbh!

• Amber September 26, 2014 8:47 am

Sometimes these things are obvious XD

4. Kristen September 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Adam. Always Adam. I knew I would get Adam, and I did, just like always. Dang it. It’s not that I don’t love Parrish, he’s just my least favorite. Maybe we’re too similar?
    Anyhow, the Twitter chat will be at 5 AM for US Eastern Time, correct?

• Amber September 26, 2014 8:48 am

Haha, I’m SO glad I didn’t get Adam because that would have been awful.

Yep, the Twitter chat for The Raven Boys will be at 5AM for the East Coast. The Dream Thieves chat next month will be at a nicer time :)

• Amber September 26, 2014 8:48 am

I’m so upset that you didn’t get Chainsaw because your idea to include her was BRILLIANT

5. Tatum September 25, 2014 10:34 pm

I am Blue with Ronan as a runner up *flips hair smugly*

6. Jo September 25, 2014 11:42 pm

I’m Chainsaw!!! AHHH

• Amber September 26, 2014 8:49 am

CONGRATULATIONS! Definitely the best character XD

7. Renee Bookboyfriends September 26, 2014 2:49 am

F C D D B C F
    An equal mix of Ronan, Chainsaw and Adam!I Chainsaw ha ha ha, oh god I actually love that bird. She’s adorable! ^_^ And I love how I got both Adam AND Ronan…..but yes I can see how I have similar traits to both of them but mostly…I’M JUST SO HAPPY THAT I GOT CHAINSAW! ha ha ha oh god I’m going to be smiling all day!
    But that one question about picking a colour and B was Blue…and mostly B’s meant Gansey…I see what you did there! XD Fun quiz, thanks so much for making it! 😀

• Amber September 26, 2014 8:51 am

I wish I had got Chainsaw! I’m insanely jealous. Also you got the perfect trio there, so I guess I must have done something right with this quiz XD

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I was originally going to put the colour blue in Blue’s category, but the opportunity was too good to pass up.

Glad you liked it! Thanks for taking part 😀

8. Linae September 27, 2014 8:24 pm

I got 2 Ganseys, 2 Ronans, and 1 Blue, Adam, and Noah. C:

Though I do wonder how you came up with these answers and their similarity to the characters. Some are obvious (the color Blue for Gansey xD that killed me), but some like Mia and Michael being Adam’s OTP? I was like whaaat. What’s the connection?

9. Jacklin Updegraft September 28, 2014 1:38 am

I got a tie between Blue and Gansey!

10. jackie @ She Reads She Blogs September 28, 2014 4:41 am

I’m a fair mix of Blue, Ronan & Gansey. I thought I would be all Blue, but i suppose stranger things have happened :)

11. Jamie October 6, 2014 3:02 pm

How fun!! I was split pretty evenly with Gansey and Ronan with a pinch of Adam thrown in.

12. Mandy October 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Apparently, I’m Noah, and I’m okay with that. He’s so lovely and cute :3

13. Yun-a October 19, 2014 6:32 pm

My answers are all over the place, but I got a cross between Adam, Gansey and Ronan.

14. Ja April 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Ronan, so much ronan. Hell, I even have the buzzcut. Why can’t I be adam? Atleast he tries being a decent person. I’m not bloody religious either, damnit.