The Raven Cycle (Re)Readathon: Sign Ups

raven cycle readalong

Some of you may remember that, back in the spring, I was forced into reading The Raven Boys by some dear friends of mine. *glares at Lauren, Tatum, and Sana* I had a lot of fun (and experienced a lot of trauma because Adaaaaammmmm) and I swiftly moved on to The Dream Thieves. Bec noticed that I was stuck in a whirlwind of emotions, and suggested that we host a Raven Cycle event of some sort before the release of Blue Lily, Lily Blue. We have spent months planning it – not only because of the size or the intricacy of what we have in store, but because we’ve both been insanely busy – but now we’re finally able to announce…

The Raven Cycle (Re)Readathon!

minion party

The basic plan is to read both books together and meeting a weekly goal, and discussing the books to death and fangirling and crying all as one entity.

But it’s not a normal readathon. Don’t worry, it didn’t take us weeks to come up with a simple thing like that. The readathon is going to take place over the course of two months, and a lot of other stuff will be happening throughout the event. Here are some of the things we have in store for you:

• Weekly challenges (I’m particularly excited about these)
  • Twitter chats
  • Scavenger hunt, which Bec came up with and ERMEHGERD, I can’t wait
  • Giveaways
  • Many awesome posts (obviously)

Even if you have already read The Raven Boys and/or The Dream Thieves, you are welcome to participate and reread with us! Whether it’s your first time meeting Blue, or you’re a dedicated Raven Cycle veteran, everyone is welcome to join in the fun. Just don’t post any spoilers!

To take part in this super cool, highly coveted (*snort*) event, all you have to do is enter your details in the Linky below. If you would like to create a sign up post or video, or tweet about the event and spread the word, then that would be highly appreciated and thoroughly amazing of you!

You can spread the word by using the hashtag:

#TRCReadathon

and we hope to see you all in August!

You are next… Click here to enter
This list will close in 123 days, 3 hrs, 14 min (10/28/2014 11:59 PM Australia – Australian Eastern Standard Time)

26 comments on “The Raven Cycle (Re)Readathon: Sign Ups

1. Judith July 1, 2014 8:04 am

I’ve been waiting for this and now it’s finally here but I am so nervous what if these books ruin my life and I know they will because everyone likes to torture me with life ruining books but I AM EXCITED ANYWAY okay that is really all.
    Judith recently posted…Review: WildflowerMy Profile

2. Mel@thedailyprophecy July 1, 2014 12:02 pm

I’m almost disappointed that I recently finished the first two books, because I could have joined this fun. On the other hand, now I already know the epicness and I’m happy I met Gansey, Blue and the other guys.
    Mel@thedailyprophecy recently posted…Monthly recap. June.My Profile

3. Lauren July 1, 2014 7:17 pm

Looking forward to this so much omg. I’m gonna have to go away and think about how i’m gonna frame my discussion post eeeeeeeee!

• Lauren July 2, 2014 10:21 pm

It’s mainly gonna be Pynch lbr, because I am shipping that SO HARD and I need it like breathing so. But I might also go super metatextual on it too. Also, is someone doing a feminism post on the books? Because that is a thing that should be done tbh

4. Shelly July 5, 2014 4:32 pm

I HAVE JOINED! I am actually very excited for this because THE RAVEN CYCLE IS SO GREAT. Also, Ronan. Also, Gansey, But Adam can go screw himself. Ok that was harsh but seriously, I don’t like that dweeb. Ok I am just rambling now but you get the point.

5. Morgan @ Gone with the Words August 28, 2014 8:08 pm

YES! I’ve been wanting to reread TRC and this is the perfect opportunity! Especially after reading Maggie Stiefvater’s recap of The Dream Thieves yesterday, which was perfection. Plus that minions gif is my favorite thing ever. Thanks for hosting this awesome event, I’m excited!
    Morgan @ Gone with the Words recently posted…Say Hello To…My Profile