Debut Showcase: February 2014

The purpose of this feature is to show you guys which YA debuts I’m most looking forward to, and which ones I’ve enjoyed. Hopefully it’ll also help build some buzz around some of these debuts. There will be one post at the beginning of each month, this time showing all the debuts that are being released in that month. I’ll also be linking to my reviews of debuts from the previous month so you can see which ones were a hit!
Reviews from January
February Debuts
An alien becomes one of the first exchange students to visit Earth. Unfortunately, not everyone on the planet is willing to accept his kind.
This seems to be a futuristic Downton Abbey, in which a girl must marry in order to run her family estate.
Bonnie Baker is the star of a reality TV show which goes back on air after being cancelled.
An Irish paranormal/fantasy that leads me to believe Fae are involved somehow.
A debut that really is about Fae.
A girl is exiled to the human world.
When worn together, two pieces of jewellery can do crazy things. The main character must be protected.
A contemporary novel about a girl who has almost as many freckles as I do.
Which debuts are you looking forward to? My top three are probably The Secret Diamond Sisters, Landry Park (despite the connection to The Selection, which I am ignoring), and Something Real. Have you read any of these debuts already? Let me know in the comments!

18 comments on “Debut Showcase: February 2014

1. Jeann @ Happy Indulgence February 1, 2014 11:06 am

Great list, I am most looking forward to CRESS and Prince of Shadows by Rachel Caine! I have Faking Normal and All That Glows to read though, should be interesting.

2. Nicole February 1, 2014 2:22 pm

February has a lot of exciting debuts! I’ve heard great things about Something Real and Faking Normal. Also can’t wait for Landry Park! Woo February!

3. Kim The Nomadic Book Hoarder February 1, 2014 3:04 pm

I’m really excited for Landry Park (Also ignoring the connection with The Selection!), Faking Normal and Alienated. It’s definitely a great debut month 😀

• Amber (Books of Amber) February 2, 2014 9:26 am

What connection with The Selection? I didn’t see The Selection mentioned anywhere ;D Alienated was a really fun read, I got to read it last month.

4. Judith February 1, 2014 3:15 pm

I’m sooooo excited about Something Real. It sounds fabulous. Not really specifically excited for the other ones, but especially not for All That Glows because I’ve read the reviews and well. Yeah.

• Amber (Books of Amber) February 2, 2014 9:27 am

Me toooooo, I’m going to break my book buying ban for it. When my debit card comes through, obviously. Oh, have the reviews been awful? I must look them up.

5. Natalie Crown February 1, 2014 3:22 pm

Scintillate looks interesting. I’ll be honest…I just love the cover! But I do like a good Fae book. Emphasis on GOOD. I’ll keep an eye on that one!

• Amber (Books of Amber) February 2, 2014 9:28 am

It’s so hard to find a GOOD Fae (along with mermaid, but that’s another matter entirely) book. I’ve read very few!

6. Samantha Stewart February 1, 2014 7:57 pm

Ooh! Lots of great February releases!
    I’m super excited for Landry Park as well! It doesn’t sound like it’s anything like The Selection so I’m not getting that comparison…
    I keep forgetting about The Secret Diamond Sisters! But I’m really looking forward to it :)
    I’ve read (and loved) Alienated and I tried to read Fates, but I couldn’t get into it even though I wanted to love it.

• Amber (Books of Amber) February 2, 2014 9:29 am

I think they just name-dropped The Selection in the hopes that it would help sales. And I guess the whole marriage thing is sort of similar? I don’t know, I haven’t read The Selection XD

I thought Alienated was pretty good as well. Oh, it’s a shame about Fates! I’ve been hearing good things about that one.

7. Cait February 1, 2014 9:21 pm

I really want to read Alienated! I love the cover (yup, I do fall in love with books based solely on their covers). I so want to read Forget Me Not as well! It looks AMAZING.
    New follower. :)

• Amber (Books of Amber) February 2, 2014 9:30 am

Alienated was a really good read :) And that’s okay, I fall in love with books based on their covers all the time. It doesn’t always work out well for me, though!

8. Debbie Turner February 2, 2014 1:17 pm

So so excited for Something Real! That cover is so pretty.

9. Carina Olsen February 6, 2014 5:23 pm

Really loved Alienated. And Faking Normal :) Hope you will enjoy everything! So much awesome. Happy reading. <3
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog a while ago. <3