Top Ten Books On My Spring 2013 TBR List

Spring is right around the corner, and I have a TBR mountain to get through. These are the top books that I either want or desperately need to read. A lot of them are review books, but there are a few of my own sprinkled in there.

1. Arclight by Josin L. McQuein

“No one crosses the wall of light . . . except for one girl who doesn’t remember who she is, where she came from, or how she survived.” This sounds like an intense thriller with some mystery thrown in. I have been promised fantastic world building, so Arclight is definitely near the top of my pile!

2. Taken by Erin Bowman

“There are no men in Claysoot. There are boysβ€”but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday.” Taken sounds a bit like The Knife of Never Letting Go, wherein there are no women in the protagonist’s town. I’m dying to read this one!

3. A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin

“Against a backdrop of incest and fratricide, alchemy and murder, the price of glory may be measured in blood.” I just need to finish this book! I wanted to read A Storm of Swords before the show started up again, but I doubt that will happen. We will see.

4. Reboot by Amy Tintera

“The perfect soldier is done taking orders.” Well, the main character sounds like a badass and this is a science fiction. I am so there.

5. The End Games by T. Michael Martin

“It happened on Halloween. The world ended. And a dangerous Game brought it back to life.” Two brothers – Michael and Patrick – battle monsters in The Game. Guys. OMG.

6. The Archived by Victoria Schwab

“Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.” Pretty much everyone has read this already, and they have LOVED it. I’m dying to get to it, so I’m hoping to fit it in between a couple of review books soon. Crossing my fingers.

7. Parallel by Lauren Miller

“Overnight, it’s as if her past has been rewritten.” I looooooove parallel universes and alternate realities, so YES PLEASE.

8. Transparent by Natalie Whipple

“Plenty of teenagers feel invisible. Fiona McClean actually is.” Fiona is being forced to spy and steal by her father. If I could pick one superpower, I would pick invisibility. Fiona is basically living my dream. And yes, I did perhaps just admit I would spy on people, but no one’s going to tell on me, right?

9. Fractured by Teri Terry

“How do you know where to go when you don’t remember where you came from?” I read and loved Slated when it came out in the UK last year, so I can’t wait to read this and see what happens to Kyla.

10. Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne

“Fourteen kids. One superstore. A million things that go wrong.” This is coming out in the UK very soon, and I was lucky enough to get a review copy. It’s an apocalyptic novel about a group of teens and kids who are taking refuge in a mall. I’m so excited for this!

45 comments on “Top Ten Books On My Spring 2013 TBR List

1. Debby 12/03/2013 8:26 am

Taken and Transparent!!!! I’ll have to see, I think I can probably get to Taken next week after I’m back from London. I’ll let you know πŸ˜€ And yes to Parallel πŸ™‚ I hope it’s awesome like Pivot Point!

2. Renae M. 12/03/2013 12:10 pm

I really liked The Archived! Hope you do too!

I love all the new releases on your list, actually. (Mine has only a few.) Parallel and Transparent, especially.

3. Jasprit 12/03/2013 12:58 pm

I love the books on your list Amber, Reboot Monument 14 and Transparent are definitely books I plan on getting through this spring! I hope you enjoy them all! πŸ™‚

4. Jennifer | Book Den 12/03/2013 1:36 pm

Parallel universes creep me out! Which is a good thing… πŸ™‚ The End Games sounds really great. I added that to my wishlist today.

5. Samantha Stewart 12/03/2013 3:31 pm

Nearly every book on your list is on my TBR! Oooh, The End Games & Transparent both sound really good! I hope you enjoy them all! πŸ˜€

6. Sarah (TotalTeenFiction) 12/03/2013 3:34 pm

I’m excited for Monument 14! And The Archived sounds really interesting. I’ve only heard positive things so I’ll be looking out for your thoughts on that. The early A Song of Ice and Fire books are great (I kinda lost interest in the past few and still need to pick up A Dance with Dragons part 2). I’ve been getting all excited about that series again with the TV hype picking up again. I hope you manage to get through them all! πŸ™‚

7. Christine D. 12/03/2013 3:56 pm

OMG. I am on the same boat with you with Clash of Kings. Trying to catch up before the show comes back. I have not watched one episode yet, so it will be a traumatic experience for me lol. I am halfway. :/

8. KM 12/03/2013 4:13 pm

Oooo good list! I’m also really looking forward to TRANSPARENT! I got a digital ARC on Edelweiss and can’t wait to read it. Also, THE END GAMES has an insanely creepy cool cover!

Oh, and your blog design? SO CUTE AND MINIMAL AND OMG I WANTS IT! πŸ˜‰

9. Nikki R 12/03/2013 4:50 pm

Wow, this is a seriously fantastic list. Arclight sounds so good. And I’m definitely adding Parallel, Transparent, and Monument 14 to my TBR pile.

The Archived is amazing, I hope you enjoy that one!

Nikki @ There were books involved…

10. Lynn @ Books on the Bay 12/03/2013 6:58 pm

I haven’t read any of these but the Archived has been on my list since it came out – I keep hearing great things!

11. Judith 12/03/2013 7:23 pm

I’m crazy excited to read Transparent, Parallel and Taken. And oh my god, Reboot sounds SO GOOD. I think it was on my top ten debuts I look forward to list, but anyway, I LOOK FORWARD TO IT. I also STILL need to read The Archived, because it looks good and EVERYONE has been raving about it! And I just started A Game of Thrones even though I have watched the entire show so far πŸ™‚ But that book is BIG. It may take me a while to get through XD

12. aliceinreaderland.com 12/03/2013 7:34 pm

Transparent is on my list too, and Parallel looks amazing! πŸ™‚ Thanks for stopping by my TTT list!

Alice @ Alice in Readerland

13. ~Sara @ Just Another Story 12/03/2013 7:42 pm

I think Taken sounds really good. I myself am pretty excited to read it. Although I did not add it to my list. I’ll probably get to it as soon as it hits stores. I hope you get to all your books.

Happy Reading,

My TTT

14. Eve 12/03/2013 8:16 pm

I really liked The Archived; Victoria Schwab really wrote a book worth losing sleep! Taken is definitely going on my I-need-it-now list. haha And Transparent sounds so good! Invisibility would make one hell of a superpower! But the book that makes me go AJFDJDFK right now is The End Games. I forgot to put this one on my list….. It sounds too good!

15. Deidra M 12/03/2013 8:31 pm

The Archived was amazing.. and there are a few book on your list that I need to check out. They sound pretty awesome!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Deidra @ Simply Books.

16. Michelle 12/03/2013 9:10 pm

Reboot looks really good… and today is the first I’ve heard of Transparent, but it’s on a lot of lists so I must just be out of the loop on that one. It looks cool, I love invisibility!!

Thanks for stopping by My TTT πŸ™‚

17. quinnsbooknook 12/03/2013 11:03 pm

I definitely want to read The Archived. I’ve heard great things about the author and the book.

Happy Spring Reading πŸ™‚

18. ohdamnbooks 12/03/2013 11:15 pm

Eep! I have to read The Archived too and I love the book concept too!
    Monument 14 was pretty enjoyable (although the narrator is pretty weird) and the US finished version has a map of the entire mall. I pretty much fell in love with the map.
    And what?! There’s a book about no women in town? I’m totally adding The Knife of Never Letting Go to my to-read list. πŸ˜€

19. Sana 13/03/2013 1:12 am

Okay, your list is just incredible! I want to read all of these books and I’m so crazy excited for Taken, Reboot, Transparent and Parallel. I need these books yesterday and I also need to calm down. LOL.

Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post!

Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

20. Cathy Keaton 13/03/2013 1:19 am

My library just got The Archived so I need to go check it out. Taken sounds interesting, too. Great list you got here! πŸ˜‰

21. Ashley G. 13/03/2013 1:35 am

Oh, I LOVED The Archived! It was so good! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

22. LisaILJ 13/03/2013 2:10 am

I think I’m moving Taken up my list, it sound like it’s the hot title for the spring. I have the Monument 14 sequel ARC waiting to be read. Monument 14 was good, I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

23. Sara @ Forever 17 Books 13/03/2013 2:10 am

Arclight, Reboot and Parallel are also books I must read this spring! So many exciting releases coming out. πŸ™‚

Thanks for stopping by my post!

~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

24. Lola Reading 13/03/2013 2:44 am

I just picked up the first book in the Fire and Ice series. I really enjoyed the first two seasons on HBO. I imagine the books are even better! The Archived is excellent! I do hope you like it! πŸ™‚

25. Maji Bookshelf 13/03/2013 2:48 am

I am SO glad that you have Monument 14 on your TBR! Can’t believe it is coming out NOW in the UK. I can’t wait to pick up Sky On Fire which is the sequel to this book! as for your other books, so many of them are Harper titles!!

– Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

26. Belle of the Literati 13/03/2013 3:27 am

Yay for Taken!! I am so excited for this! And you have a lot of books I’ve never heard of! HAVE to look into those… πŸ™‚

27. Susanne 13/03/2013 3:49 am

Monument 14 is really good. I’m looking forward to Arclight and Taken. Thanks for stopping by!

28. Randi M 13/03/2013 4:13 am

I haven’t read any of these yet, but I’m definitely excited for Taken and The Archived. (Don’t worry, you’re not the only one that hasn’t read it yet!) πŸ˜‰ Great list!

29. Steph Su 13/03/2013 4:17 am

I haven’t read The Archived yet. I need to soon!

30. The Book Belles 13/03/2013 4:52 am

I really enjoyed Transparent and I also liked Parallel a lot. Taken and Reboot both sound so amazing! Great list πŸ™‚

31. Carissa Taylor 13/03/2013 8:46 am

Taken and The Archived getting added to my list pronto!

32. Elisa 13/03/2013 12:53 pm

Taken, Reboot, Parallel, Transparent are also in my TBR list, they sound really interesting!
    Great list! =D

33. Annie 13/03/2013 7:53 pm

Ooooh I’m looking forward to The Archived too! It sounds so interesting.

Thanks for stopping by!

Annie @ Tar Heel Bibliobabe πŸ™‚

34. InkkReviews 14/03/2013 1:52 am

great picks! I want to check out the End Games for sure! Thanks for stopping by my TTT yesterday! – Katie @ Inkk

35. Asheley (@BookwormAsheley) 14/03/2013 9:24 pm

Yes, Taken and The End Games are both ones that I want to read ASAP! They look great and I love both covers. This is a fun list. πŸ™‚

36. Carina Olsen 15/03/2013 7:44 am

Amazing list πŸ˜€ I hope you will love all of these. <3 Reboot is AMAZING. I did not like Taken. But the rest of the books do look amazing πŸ˜‰ And I really enjoyed The Archived πŸ™‚
    Thank you for commenting on my Top Ten. <3