Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme which entails making lists. Yes, I am in my element here. TTT is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is the one that I have been waiting for FOREVER: Book Covers I Wish I Could Redesign
I’m so unbelieveably happy about this list. As a cover whore, I know that there are many, many book covers out there that I wish I could redesign. I actually had a hard time picking just ten, so I may do a monthly or bi-monthly post to share with you guys. I’m a horrible person, I know. There’s no need to tell me.
1. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. Love the book, despise the cheap and cheesy cover.
2. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. The US covers put so many people off this series. Many people I’ve suggested the book have have said that they hate the covers, so they’re a bit hesitant. (The red UK covers are pretty, though!)
3. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent. Okay, I don’t hate these covers. But after seeing the stunning UK covers, it’s hard not to wish that the US ones were the same.
4. Maximum Ride by James Patterson. It’s just… boring. I’d prefer to see a cover with wings. And prettiness.
5. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanov. The US cover for this is beautiful and eerie, and the UK designers tried to go for the same effect. Instead, we got this:
6. As You Wish by Jackson Pearce. I generally tend to hate covers that show people’s faces, but this one just takes the cake. It looks very cheap, imo.
7. Wings by Aprilynne Pike. I love the US covers, the the UK covers just look childish. I know lots of people do find them pretty, though.
8. Evermore by Alyson Noel. I don’t even know why. I just don’t like it. It’s too dark, I think, and I don’t like the model.
9. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Grey, and dull. And again with the faces!
10. Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love the cover. But to go with the awesome deep shade of purple cover for Bleeding Violet? I don’t think it fits, sadly.
So, that was my list! I hope you enjoyed it, and I do hope that none of you took it to heart. This is just for fun, after all! Feel free to link your lists below, I’d love to see them.