So I’m a tad late because I’ve been absolutely exhausted lately and this has resulted in a blogging slump, a reading slump, and a general life slump. I haven’t spoken about the previous episode because I’M STILL EMOTIONAL and I feel like it’s also a bit late now. But I didn’t want to miss two weeks of episodes so here we are, I’m reliving the Monty pain that is my life.
- Octavia coming into the cave in the beginning broke me. Devastated doesn’t even cover it. And seeing Octavia hit Bellamy over and over was the most difficult thing I have ever had to watch, probably next to Spartacus’ and Gannicus’ deaths. It probably sounds like I’m being overly dramatic but it’s true. Octavia used this as an outlet, and Bellamy accepted it because a) Octavia “needed” to do it, b) he felt like he deserved it, and c) something deep about physical pain keeping him grounded etc. etc.
- I don’t think Octavia needed to do this at all really since violence is never the answer, especially unnecessary violence towards your allies or kin. It’s different if you’re trying to survive, but I’m not here for torture.
- I’m not sure how I feel about Ontari. I still hate Murphy, as he’s a vile snake. But Ontari… I’m on the fence. She’s clearly unwell, and the whole “I am a real Commander” makes her seem like another child is leading this poor group of people.
- RAVEN REYES is a GODDESS. She managed to get Alie out of her head for at least a few seconds. Jaha can’t do that now, can he? :’) “You can’t block me out.” We’ll see. Also, SHE WAS CHANTING THE RAVEN OMG FLAWLESS. Here is the stanza in case you love it as much as I do and wanted to read it:
“Prophet!” said I, “thing of evil! – prophet still, if bird or devil! –
Whether Tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted –
On this home by Horror haunted – tell me truly, I implore –
Is there – is there balm in Gilead? – tell me – tell me, I implore!”
Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”
- Jaha: You’ll come around eventually. Abby: Not bloody likely.
- Monty is KILLING me this season! His reactions to his mother are the most heartbreaking thing ever. And he wasn’t even allowed to hug his mum. These people. Bloody Pike.
- Bellamy is listening to the group make plans and I can’t tell whether or not he is proud of his 100, or if he thinks their ideas are shit. Or both?
- LOOK AT MILLER WORRYING ABOUT HIS QUEEN
- Octavia refers to Bellamy as a hostage and I cry.
- Jaha with his little crowd of worshippers… This is what he’s always wanted. It’s a shame he has to drug them (and also be drugged himself, but lbr he was an arse throughout season two anyway).
- “Did you send The 100 to the ground using biometric wristbands?” He also sent them down to die but whatever.
- Does anyone else want to see Raven punch Alie in the face?
- Also, do we think Alie is going to take over Ontari’s brain at some point this season?
- BLOODY HELL JACKSON IS CREEPY
- Why do we have to see Phil though? He died a whole season and a half ago, can we be done now?
- I tuned out of Ontari and Murphy’s scene about the Fake Commander thing to be completely honest with you. Ontari may have been listening but I certainly was not.
- The Dropship is more and more upsetting every time I see it. WEEPING. They’ve all outgrown it so quickly.
- Pike needs to die for threatening Monty. A horrible, painful death.
- BELLAMY TOOK OCTAVIA DOWN RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE THEY WERE GOING TO SHOOT HER IN THE LEG ADIOS.
- “All the others are in a cave not far from here.” Octavia actually believed Bellamy was betraying them again. I’m so upset. “I can take you there.” Everyone seemed to forget that BELLAMY DOES THIS EVERY DAY. He would never give his people up when Pike is being so trigger happy, even if he did still believe in Pike’s cause.
- Abby only gave in for Raven. This episode is a lot to handle, even without Clarke or any Bellarke at all. But did we really have to see Alie cutting Raven? I got so squeamish, and I’m never bothered about blood and gore.
- Again, there’s an Ontari/Murphy scene where Ontari blinds a fairly good looking sort. He had such lovely elf eyes as well. “We talked about restraint.” “You told me not to kill him.” made me chortle though. This is legit something I might do.
- BELLAMY ONLY WENT AND GAVE PIKE UP TO THE GROUNDERS AS A SACRIFICE/PAYBACK YAAASSSSS.
- Bellamy: Drop your weapon!
- Pike: What the hell are you doing?
- Me: You shouldn’t have fucked with his people /Clarke voice
- Kane asking to join the Grounders made me roll my eyes. Firstly, the new Commander is a nutter and Kane is going to end up dead. D E A D. Secondly, you guys need to get the hell out of dodge. RUN.
- Kane said he’ll look out for Clarke. Again, chortle. No you won’t because she’s COMING HOME. All the more reason why this is going to go tits up and Kane is going to be tortured/held hostage/killed. Or all of the above.
- “Blood must have blood.” Shut up, Octavia.
- Ontari is into some BDSM bordering on Christian Grey bullshit.
- Jasper tried to save Raven and it’s legit the only time I’ve cheered for him since season one, and even back then my feelings weren’t too strong.
- This Alie cult is creepy as fuck and I’m having trouble dealing. They’re an ARMY.
- Jasper nearly running Clarke over made me DIE.
- Clarke: You don’t understand-!
- Jasper: SHUT UP! I DON’T CARE!
- ^^ Legit most of the fans during Clarke’s scenes at Polis.
- It makes me weep when I think of how disconnected Clarke has become from her people. Season 4 had better be about mending these bridges and stuff because Bellamy and Clarke in season one and two were my everything. And I’m not missing it so much with Bellamy because at the core of everything, he’s still been trying to protect his people, but Clarke has crossed enemy lines, “fallen in love” with a manipulative witch, and basically gone on Grounder on us. Her Grounder tasks are suddenly more important than her people, and she needs a reality check. But w/e I still love her and I can’t wait to see her fix everything. SO MUCH ANGST.
- Final note: wtf is stage 2?