Me in November
I turned 22 and now I am getting wrinkles. Everything is terrible. I’M JOKING. I had a great birthday because I had the day off work and I ate lots of Indian food and then had a hangout with some of the coolest people ever. Then, to continue a phenomenal birthday weekend, I decided it would be a great idea to binge-watch The 100 and it was THE GREATEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE EVER IN MY LIFE. You may have seen me talk about it.
At the beginning of the month I went to stay with Judith in Amsterdam for one awesome weekend. I wish we had longer together but I had to get back to work. All the sad faces. On that trip I got to meet up with Rinn and Mel as well, who are wonderful and I will force them into meeting up with me every time I’m in the country. And speaking of meet ups, this past Saturday I spent a day in London with Gaby!
I have been going to the gym again because a friend from work has become my gym buddy. I’m already getting fitter and toning up, and I’ve only been going regularly for two weeks! Now I don’t die whenever I need to walk up a hill or spend more than ten minutes on a machine. I want to keep this up!
1. Half a King by Joe Abercrombie ★
2. Liars Inc. by Paula Stokes ★★★
3. Falling into Place by Amy Zhang ★★★
4. Little Peach by Peggy Kern ★★★★
5. Choose More, Lose More by Chris Powell ★★★
6. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord ★★★
7. Before I Go To Sleep by S. J. Watson ★★★★
Book of the Month
TV & Movies
- The 100 – I think everyone knows about this obsession right now because I can’t stop talking about it. The 100 is one of the best shows on TV right now in terms of both storyline and diverse casting. It doesn’t shy away from darker themes, and the OTP feels are real. The first few episodes are a bit questionnable (I haaaaaated the pilot episode but continued on and fell in love with episode two) so if you want to give it a go then I would recommend at least trying the first five episodes. It really does get better, I promise! And with a cast full of people of colour and women, it’s the type of show that everyone has been waiting for.
- Once Upon A Time – OUAT went on a short hiatus in November and aired a two-hour episode to make up for it. Except it didn’t make up for anything because the episode bored me to death and was a complete waste of my time. I could have been watching The Walking Dead!
- Road Train – I watched this with Tatum because we were going through The 100 withdrawals and Bob Morley is in this. It’s one of those terrible Aussie horrors but I weirdly ended up enjoying it. And it has nothing to do with Bob’s character being possessed and going all crazy on his friends. Nope.
- Mockingjay, Part 1 – I went to the cinema to see this the week it came out and OH MY GOD. Tatum was bored by it, but I think it’s my favourite of the three movies in this series so far. I like rebellions, as you all know, and this book is the beginning of the uprising. *squeals*
Looking Forward To
– The Debutathon of 2014 is going to be happening NEXT WEEK. Hold onto your seatbelts, people, because this is going to be epic.
– THE 100 IS BACK ON WEDNESDAY
– My work’s Christmas party is on Friday and I’m very much looking forward to it. It’s Abba-themed, and last year I got so drunk that I have no clue what happened. I don’t know if I’m drinking this year but it’s very likely that I will.
– Christmas shopping and writing in cards! I’m buying bits and pieces for a lot of people, and I’m also sending out cards to about twenty others. Christmas isn’t a religious thing in my family, we just like to spend time together and exchange presents and eat ALL THE FOOD.
– Speaking of Christmassy things, Tatum and I are going to Winter Wonderland next week! EEP!