April was one of the busiest months I’ve ever had. Somehow I got a social life and I’m not sure if I like it. I’m hoping things will calm down a bit for May, because I really just want to chill out and relax before I go to the USA in June, but I doubt that will happen. Anyway, the first most awesome thing that happened was attending the V. E. Schwab and Deborah Harkness event at Waterstones Piccadilly. The two authors talked about their world building a little bit, and then there was a signing and Victoria Schwab totally knew that I was THAT Kell/Rhy shipper from Twitter. Oops.
My sister and I have been going swimming again, which is something we did a lot last year when the weather was warmer. Brooke had initially “forgotten” how to swim, but now she’s absolutely fine and she can even dunk her head under! A+ fear conquering, baby sis.
Then there was the Booktube Bash that the lovely folks at Macmillan were kind enough to invite me to. I met a few booktubers there such as Pip and Casey and there was a quiz that we lost and it was just generally freakin’ awesome. I also met Kat and Naomi, who I had been talking to for ages and ages (especially Kat, who I’ve “known” for four years!) and they were wonderful. I had a great time and I think everyone else did as well!
I took part in Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon which is one of my favourite reading events EVER, and I totally smashed it. By which I mean I read two books.
And last but definitely not least, I went back to Amsterdam to stay with Judith! Her parents are probably sick of me by now, and I know her brothers are because I keep turning up at her house. But anyway, we spent one day in Amsterdam (visiting the Nutella Bar and the Vondelpark and the bookshops, of course) and the rest of the time we just stayed at her house and slept and watched a lot of TV and movies. Because last time was crazy busy and this time we just wanted to chill out!
1. Daughter by Jane Shemilt
2. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
3. HIT by Delilah S. Dawson
4. The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch
5. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
6. The Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman
7. Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund
8. Adorkable by Sarra Manning
9. Hot Body Year-Round by Cassie Ho
Book of the Month
Movies & TV
- Grey’s Anatomy – Tatum and I are continuing our marathon of this. We were interrupted when we started it last year because we get easily distracted, but now we’re on season three, which I have already seen because I watched up to season seven when I was younger. But it’s fun to rewatch and to totally stan for Alex Karev together.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – OH. MY. GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDS. So, while this definitely isn’t the best movie in the Marvel universe, I still freakin’ loved it and I CAN’T STOP FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT. I have decided that Black Widow/Natasha is my favourite Marvel superhero right now, and I totally ship Natasha/Bruce AW YISS (stop screaming at me, Marvel fandom, they had chemistry ok) AND WANDA AND PIETRO. When I saw X-Men: Days of Future Past I was all like “I’m not going to love this Quicksilver because honestly LOOK AT EVAN PETERS” and then PIETRO HAPPENED TO ME AND RUINED MY LIFE
- Daredevil – The showrunner/head writer of this show is also the showrunner/producer/head writer/king of Spartacus, which is my favourite TV show in the world, so of course I had to start this. I’m only on episode three because a) distraction and b) I’m taking it slowly because the next season won’t be out for another year.
- The Walking Dead
– Judith and I started this when I stayed at hers and now we’re on season two. I’ve already seen almost every episode (I think I’m about five episodes behind), but I’m loving the rewatch. The characters are all so innocent! And attractive. Seriously, what happened to Daryl?
- Jurassic Park & Jurassic Park: The Lost World – Judith had NEVER seen these movies so when I stayed at hers I blackmailed her into watching them. AND OBVIOUSLY SHE LOVED THEM. Jurassic Park is my favourite movie ever and I can’t get enough.
- The Fast and the Furious – Again, I made Judith watch this and OBVIOUSLY SHE LOVED IT TOO BECAUSE BRIAN AND DOM AND LETTY AND EVERYONE AND CARS AND BROTHERS AND FAMILY. I’m fine, I’m cool, I’m fine.
- Fast and Furious 7 – My life is ruined and that is all I have to say. …. WAIT, no. This movie was a beautiful tribute to one of the actors I have admired and followed since I was eight years old. I watched the first Fast and Furious movie in 2001 and I have been in love with the franchise and a giant fan of Paul Walker ever since. When Paul died in 2013 I was absolutely devastated, especially after I learnt how he died. Vin Diesel and the rest of the team did an incredible job of putting this movie together and the tribute at the end absolutely ruined me. RIP.
- Orphan Black – Season three started and Tatum and Dee and I have been watching together every Sunday! I’m not sure how I like it in comparison to the other seasons yet, but I miss Helena. Yeah, she’s there, but… not. I miss her a lot.
Like I said, May is probably going to be BUSY. I have my first exam later on in the month, which is great and I’m really scared but also kind of confident. I hate exams. I’m also excited for summer because I want the warm weather now, please. We’re going out for a friend’s birthday next week, which should be lovely, and then a group of friends and I are having a games night plus a takeaway in a couple of weeks. I am going to win. On Sunday I’m going to #CircusYA with a group of people from the blogosphere and I’m very excited!