Me in September
September was a really difficult month for me for various reasons. It started off really well but then everything in real life took a turn for the worst, with the death of two family friends and the anniversaries of my grandmother’s and great-grandmother’s deaths. My anxiety cranked up a notch as a result. I feel much better now, but I expect October to be difficult as well.
I did, however, start the month off with a FABULOUS book (QUEEN OF SHADOWS) and I was in a really great reading mood for the first half of the month. Then work got busy and things happened and I got into a bit of a slump, unfortunately.
We also had a quiz night at work and my team did pretty well.
So overall September wasn’t great, but I’ve been loving the weather for the past couple of weeks, and my sister is loving her new school so I’m pretty happy.
1. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas ★★★★★
2. The Rig by Joe Ducie ★★
3. Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver ★★★
4. Geek Girl by Holly Smale ★★★★
5. Get Dirty by Gretchen McNeil ★★★
6. Unsouled by Neal Shusterman ★★★★
7. Crank by Ellen Hopkins ★★
8. The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima ★★★★
Book of the Month
Movies & TV
- Hawaii Five-0 – I caught up with season five in time for season six to start and I am still loving the show. I’m not thrilled about all the Catherine stuff and I want to murder Rachel, but what can you do? I think the Catherine stuff is going to end badly and I will lol.
- Legend – I went to watch this the week it came out because TOM HARDY. It’s not the best movie, and some parts of it really wound me up, but I enjoyed it for the most part. Trigger warnings for rape and violence though.
- Heroes Reborn – FINALLY. I HAVE WAITED YEARS. I don’t think Heroes Reborn is up to Heroes season one standards, but I enjoyed meeting the new characters and discovering the new powers. My favourites right now are Carlos (hnnnngggg), Flynn Rider (I don’t know his name lbr), and… yeah, that’s it. I’m not liking the video game plot (snore) and why the hell did they kill that person?! WHY?!
- Minority Report – I watched the pilot of the show and quite liked it so then I rewatched the movie, which is great. I’ve never found Tom Cruise attractive until now. I don’t know what happened.
- Peaky Blinders – I’m watching this for Tom Hardy but he doesn’t show up until season two so I’m going to have to sit through four more episodes of boring scenes and mumbled lines. The things I do for my favourite actors.
- Once Upon A Time – I caught up and EMMA! I’m not thrilled with the premiere episode but Captain Swan are killing me.
- Black Sails – I started watching this when it came out but then I stopped due to lack of free time (and I hate Starz. Haaaaaate.) I finally decided to catch up and I recently finished season one. It’s good. Nothing amazing, and I’m basically watching for Max at this point.
October is going to be amazing for so many different reasons. Firstly, I’m hoping to go to a Halloween event at one of the local open air museums, which was awesome last year. I also want to go to Thorpe Park and enjoy Fright Night there. I’m planning on going to the cinema at the weekend to see The Martian and Everest, which should be AWESOME, and I will hopefully fit a bit of clothes shopping in as well. And, finally, I’M SEEING DEE AGAIN. I’m off to Virginia on the 30th to spend Halloween and an early Thanksgiving with my American buddies (family? Yes let’s call them family) and I’m so excited. BEST THING EVER.