Small Review has created this brilliant event for bloggers. It’s running throughout January, and while I initially meant to make a post last week, I finally got round to it today. Busting the Newbie Blues is something I participated in when I first created my blog – Small and I started at around the same time – and it helped me in so many ways. Primarily, it helps out newbie bloggers and lets us all get to know each other better!
I’m filling in the questionnaire for established bloggers. I did the same last time, but that was silly of me because I was clearly still a newbie!
1. When did you start your blog?
- Don’t be afraid to join in with conversations you see happening on Twitter/other blogs. If they were meant to be private, these people would be emailing each other!
- Make bullet points before you write reviews! The amount of times I used to just sit staring at the screen was ridiculous.
- Don’t worry so much about stats! I wasn’t extremely worried about them, but I did get a bit jealous of those other blogs that had tonnes more followers than I had.
- Schedule posts! It took me a while to figure out how to do this (I told you I’m useless!) but I’m so glad I figured it out. Even if I don’t always use this feature…
- Read what you want! If you really aren’t in the mood for a book, put it down. Don’t be pressurised into reading something you’re not enjoying.