Oh my god, I loved this book. I’ve got a whole video review for it if you want to check it out, but I’ll try to briefly jot down my thoughts here.
1. Fern was a wonderful main character and I loved the autism rep. In my opinion, it was done really well and very respectfully. I loved reading about an autistic character, and I loved Fern in general. She’s such a lovely person and I loved seeing her interact with her coworkers and friends. Oh and also, she’s a librarian who loves her job. A LIBRARIAN.
2. I loved the romantic relationship in this! I know that’s a bit of a weird thing to say about a thriller but it was absolutely lovely. Wally (not his real name) was super respectful and understanding, and also very on the ball about… things. I loved reading about him and Fern becoming closer.
3. The thriller/mystery plot was intense. I don’t want to talk about it too much because I might spoil something and I strongly believe you should go into this book knowing NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL. The thriller elements were mind bending and super twisty, and I was questioning myself and my opinions for a lot of this book.
4. The relationship between Rose (Fern’s sister) and their mother was a tough one to read about. I had to kind of big myself up to read Rose’s diary entries because I knew they were going to be intense. Nevertheless, I’m glad I did persevere because it was pretty great.
5. I loved it, I want to read more by this author, and I think you should read it. Thanks.