Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 1st annual
Hunger Games Goodreads Awards Challenge! Earlier in November, I had a brainwave. Everyone was voting like crazy for the first round of the Goodreads Choice Awards and then there was me, who had read hardly any of the nominees and had no clue what to vote for. And this happens to me every single year. So I decided to fix it. Throughout the course of 2016, I will be attempting to read as many of 2015’s Goodreads Awards nominees as possible, and I want you to join me!
I’ve put a lot of thought into the different levels and tiers for this challenge. In true Amber fashion, instead of going for the standard “Beginner: 1-3 books” thing, I’ve decided to make it a little more complicated.
- Choose one or more awards categories to conquer.
- Within the categories, there are different tiers. Choose which one you’d like to aim for. You can change this at any time.
- You don’t have to choose the same tier throughout multiple categories. For example, you could aim for Tier 1 (1-2 books) within Historical Fiction, and Tier 4 (9-10 books) for YA Fiction.
- Some nominees are sequels. This isn’t a problem. If you haven’t started the series yet, then you can read the first book. If you are in the middle of a series, however, I suggest you get reading. If you quit the series and have no plans to continue, you can count the last book that you read.
- DNFs count. I’m not going to force you to read anything you don’t want to. So tick that box!
Tier 1: 1-2 books
Tier 2: 3-5 books
Tier 3: 6-8 books
Tier 4: 9-10 books
Bonus: Crackers Challenge (11+ books)
So you might be wondering what this is. WELL. Some of you might want to shoot for the stars and read more than ten books within a category. Meaning, you’d have to look past the finalists and read one or more nominees which didn’t make it to the final round. Good luck, you brave souls.
This is just a few of the awards categories that I picked up from Goodreads. You can choose other genres if you like, but I didn’t think many people would be going for cookbooks. These are just the finalists, if you want to see all the nominees then you can view those on Goodreads.
And that’s it! You can sign up by submitting your goals posts in the form below any time you like until November 1, 2016. If there is anything I’ve missed, do let me know. I’ve never hosted a reading challenge before so I may well have left stuff out! I hope you’ll want to join me in this adventure. My goals post will be going up later on this year.