Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List

TTT-HEADER

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, obviously.

Spring begins on the 20th, and I am SO. READY. Winter is my least favourite month because I hate the weather, and it seems to make everyone miserable, especially once Christmas is over. I have a huge TBR list for the coming months, but I’ve picked out my top ten spring reads! Feel free to share yours in the comments below.

spring tbr 1

1. The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch

Tatum and I are (slowly) marathoning the Gentleman Bastard series because it’s freakin’ fantastic and we can’t get enough of it. We’ve decided to read one book a month so we don’t rush through it, and Tatum prefers it that way for some reason. I am a little hesitant to read this because the fourth book isn’t out yet but I am excited to continue reading about my OTP (JeanLocke 5eva) and to meet Sabetha!

2. Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

I adore this trilogy but I have been putting off reading this book because it’s the last one. It’s full of revenge and twists and creepiness and WTF-ness and THERE IS AN OTP OH MY GOD REEVE/LILLIA HOLD ME.

3. Oath Bound by Rachel Vincent

This is another series ender that I’ve put off reading for years. I think I’m going to have to reread the first two books before I start this one, or at least recap them for Recaptains, so they’re fresh in my mind. But as I pointed out in my latest Author Spotlight, Rachel Vincent is a fantastic author and I am sure I’m going to love this.

spring tbr 2

4. Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen

My lovely friend Meg bought me the first two books in this series for Christmas and I am so ready to marathon this trilogy.

5. The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima

This is another series that Meg sent me, and another one that I will be hopefully marathoning this spring if I love the first one.

spring tbr 3

6. How To Love by Katie Cotugno

Because everyone needs some contemporary in the spring.

7. The Colour Purple by Alice Walker

My friend lent this book to me and I still haven’t gotten around to reading it. Now is the time!

8. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Yes, I know this book is probably going to be awful, but I can’t watch the movie later this year without reading the book first.

spring tbr 4

9. Deadline by Mira Grant

The ending of Feed broke me and I kind of quit the trilogy for a little while because PAIN. But I’m looking forward to reading this one because there’s another POV character that I’m looking forward to reading about.

10. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

This is another must read that I still haven’t read. I was going to start it last year but I chose to read something else, then something else, and so on. This year is the year!

12 comments on “Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List

1. Sam @ The Little Munchkin Reader 17/03/2015 10:17 am

You’ve got some awesome reading ahead of you, I see, Amber!

2. Pam@YA Escape from Reality 17/03/2015 1:25 pm

The Seven Realms series is so good! Same with Scarlet. And I really enjoyed How to Love, hope you do too!

3. Cynthia 17/03/2015 5:14 pm

Great list! Believe it or not, I thought the second installment of the Maze Runner series was the best one. I think you will enjoy it. 🙂

4. Melissa @ Writer Grrl Reads 17/03/2015 6:53 pm

I really loved How to Love when I read it last year, and I just read her new novel and loved it too! She’s a great writer, and I hope that you enjoy it too =)

5. Meg 17/03/2015 7:26 pm

Totally lost my train of thought because DEADLINE YEEEESSSSSSSS (is there anyone who remained unbroken at the end of Feed? How? Seriously, how?) People seem to have very mixed opinions on Deadline and I am v excited to see what you think.

6. Emma 17/03/2015 7:49 pm

I read The Maze Runner series last year and absolutely loved them books 😀 I hope you enjoy 🙂

The Republic of Thieves I haven’t heard of but the cover has really attracted me to check it out so thank you!

Here’s my TTT if you would like to check it out 🙂 My TTT

7. I still need to read Scarlet, The Demon King AND The Lies of Locke Lamora myself, I really should have added them to my list this week tbh. The worst thing is that I own copies of all of them, so I have literally NO excuse >.< D'oh! So many good books and so little time to catch up haha! Awesome selection here^^ I hope you get to all of these pretties this Spring^^ Here's my TTT post this week!
    Old follower 🙂

8. Tatum 17/03/2015 11:09 pm

THE THORN OF EMBERLAIN IS OUT SEPT 17TH THIS YEAR I’VE ALREADY PREORDERED IT THESE THINGS HAVE TO BE DONE YOU KNOW

9. Sydney 17/03/2015 11:35 pm

MEMORIES OF A GEISHA YESSSS AMBER GOOD DECISION. I haven’t read the book in years (like you, I keep putting off a (re)read of it because I pick up something else) but I’ve been meaning to get back to it some time this year. I’m trying to reread old books that I loved, but that’s hard to do when all of these new books are so SHINY.

Ugh Scarlet is so good. The writing style is very bizarre and hard to get used to at first, but then you just love it and nothing really compares to it for awhile. I haven’t read Lady Thief yet but I’m planning on buying Lion Heart when it’s out and finishing the trilogy with a bang. ;D

10. Alexa S. 18/03/2015 8:25 pm

Oh, I loved Memoirs of a Geisha! It’s been quite some time since I’ve read it, but I remember falling in love with the story and the characters from my very first read. Hope you enjoy it!

11. Crini 21/03/2015 12:33 pm

Don’t be too excited about meeting Sabetha, I heard we are going to hate her XD

THE DEMON KING!!! I loved that series!