5 TV Shows I Still Need To Watch

I don’t know if you remember, but before this year (and last year, I guess) I was a massive TV addict. My life basically revolved around books, TV shows, and travelling. Then I got sucked into having a social life with actual people (I know, ew) and I had to cut down on my precious Netflix binges. I only stuck with the shows that I already adored (with some exceptions, see below) and stopped myself from starting new ones unless the whole season had already been released. So I’m now left with a trillion things to watch, and not enough time to watch them. These are the ones that I absolutely need to get to before the end of the year, or my soul will never be the same.

bellarke kiss

So when I said I was up to date with all of my BEST SHOWS EVER, I didn’t mean that I’m up to date with The 100. I didn’t have the time this winter to watch it weekly, so Tatum and I marathoned the first half of season four while it was on a break. I’m going to do the same thing with the second half over the summer so I’m all caught up for season five. I am seriously craving my Bellarke fix!

sense8

I was going to watch Sense8 before they cancelled it. I was super excited to marathon seasons one and two, and then Netflix ruined everything. Ugh. But THEN the fandom KICKED THE FUCK OFF (and quite rightly too!) and Netflix is giving the show a two hour finale. Which means there will be a conclusion, which means I can catch up! I know next to nothing about it (I watched the first episode months ago but I’ve forgotten everything) and I’ve managed to avoid all spoilers so I am ready to go.

izombie

Dee assures me that iZombie is worth watching and I trust her taste. The showrunner, Rob Thomas, also wrote Veronica Mars back in the day, so I’m expecting it to be super snarky. Apparently I’m going to get pissed off with the shipping situation?!?! Maybe. I don’t know.

american gods

I’m meant to be reading American Gods before I watch the TV show, but I have so little self control lately that I might go back on my word and watch the whole thing anyway. I mean, Neil Gaiman’s books and I don’t have the smoothest relationship, so would I really be missing out?

the handmaids tale

I read The Handmaid’s Tale yeaaaars ago for my A Levels and it has still stuck with me. Margaret Atwood writes the best stuff. I haven’t seen much hype for this show, though. Did it not turn out to be very popular? Or am I just disconnected from fandom right now? Both are possible, I guess.

What about you? Do you have any TV shows that you just have to watch in the near future? Are there any that you missed the boat on but want to give a go?

7 comments on “5 TV Shows I Still Need To Watch

1. Lauren @ Always Me July 20, 2017 2:31 pm

I just finished watching The Handmaid’s Tale a few days ago – it’s an excellent adaptation. iZombie is also one of my favorite shows. Happy watching! :)

2. Maggie July 21, 2017 2:21 am

iZombie is SO good! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed! 😀

3. Sebastian July 21, 2017 3:22 pm

I have to admit that I still haven’t managed to finish season 3 of “The 100”, I somehow didn’t like that season that much anymore and lost interest :/

I feel the same way as you about “Sense8”, I was really excited to start it some day and then I saw the news about the show’s end. But I’m glad it gets another 2 hours which hopefully will manage to wrap the story up nicely so that I can binge all the episodes afterwards :)

I really enjoyed the first season of “iZombie” and it was definitely snarky but I haven’t found the time yet to continue the show, there are just too many shows to watch 😀

I also want to watch “American Gods” but I feel like I should maybe read the book first, so that might still take a while… 😀

4. Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight July 22, 2017 11:05 pm

YAYYY definitely watch The 100 ASAP because the second half of Season 4 is straight up mind blowing. And we definitely have similar taste in shows, because ALL of the ones you want to watch/catch up on are ones I really want to watch too. Especially The Handmaid’s Tale, but I do want to read the book first. And I wanted to read American Gods first too, but really, I am just watching for Ricky Whittle if I am being honest 😉 Hope you get to all these soon!

5. Lauren @ SERIESous Book Reviews July 23, 2017 1:15 am

The hype for the Handmaiden’s Tale was high in Canada. It was talked about everywhere when it was released–probably because Atwood is Canadian and she’s a pretty big deal here.

I’m so behind on anything TV! My Netflix account has been solely neglected lately. I was making great progress on Jane the Virgin but life has definitely gotten in the way this summer. Hopefully I can find some time!

6. Laura July 24, 2017 8:31 pm

I’ve heard iZombie is supposed to be really good, so I’m hoping to watch that at some point too. Getting the time is just so tough though, isn’t it? I don’t like to commit to starting a new series unless I know I’m going to have time to binge watch it! :)
    I seriously need to watch The Handmaid’s Tale as well. I read that a few years ago too, and it has definitely stuck with me, and I know the TV show is supposed to be a really good adaptation. Great post! :)
    I hope you get round to watching these soon! :)